Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Track Meet #2

Hey guys, just got back from my second track meet at Concordia University. My events were 110 Hurdles and 4 x 100 relay. I got first place in hurdles. This was not the work of one man alone though. I would like to thank my teammates for constant support and advice. I would like to thank my coaches for helping me fix my flawed technique. Lastly I would like to thank everyone who went to the meet today, whether you were cheering for my team or not, a nice large audience is always appreciated. I was not only first in my race, but I was first in men's hurdles in all divisions, shooting me to the top of the list. Everyone went out there, had a lot of fun and tried their hardest. Everyone did great, and I am excited to continue competing with them. I was also in the 4 x 100 relay as a substitute. I was an anchor (last person) and my teem dug a huge hole for me to get out of. The guy in first place was done by the time I was getting the baton. I made up a lot of ground, and almost landed us a spot in 4th place, but  they finished just before I could pass them. I am not disappointed at this loss, it will just show me what to do when I make my own relay team. This was a great way to end a week after chillin' with Abe Lincoln, dead or not. I can't wait for our next track meet!
The second hurdle jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment